Friday, December 16, 2016
The English service is more than happy to meet Indian listeners in early December, after an eight-year hiatus. We would like to express our sincere gratitude to Mr. Alokesh Gupta and Dr. T. Jaisakthivel for helping make the two events successful. On December 3rd in Chennai, Carlson Wong and Paula Chao were warmly received by listeners whose sincerity, hospitality and passion will always be remembered. The get-together in Delhi on December 4th was also a fond memory. Like RTI Chairperson Lu Ping said in Delhi, listeners's support has helped linked the two countries together and prompted RTI to grow and better improve its broadcasts.
(Source: RTI Website)
The very severe Cyclone Vardah made landfall in Chennai on 12 Dec 2016 noon creating lot damages.
My observations of AIR Chennai.
All India Radio, Chennai was noted off air SW 7380 kHz from at 0830 UTC on 12 Dec 2016 . They were heard past 0800 with weather warnings. The External Services via Chennai on 7270 at 1000-1100, 1115-1215 was also missing. However the Home Service was noted on 4920 at 1200. MW transmission on 720 kHz is also noted as usual.
The complete SW schedule of AIR Chennai is:
4920 50 kW 0015-0245 1200-1739
7380 50 kW 0300-0930 (Sun 1130)
7270 100 kW 0000-0045 Tamil, 0045-0115 Sinhala, 0130-0430 HS, 1000-1100 English, 1115-1215 Tamil, 1300-1500 Sinhala
Via Jose Jacob
Thursday, December 01, 2016
Radio Taiwan International will attend luncheons organized by RTI Listeners' Club in Delhi and Chennai.
If you are interested in attending, please register with us first. Only those with valid RTI passes will be admitted.
The application process for an RTI pass is as such:
1. The registration deadline is November 28, 2016.
2. Please state your name, address, cellphone #, and RTI ID in your email.
3. We will send you an email confirmation after November 28, 2016 .
4. Scheduled lunch dates are as follows:
December 3 (Saturday), 2016 at 11:00 AM in Chennai, India
December 4 (Sunday), 2016 at 11 AM in Delhi, India
5. For each email, please state in the SUBJECT line (ONE of the following):
CHENNAI LUNCHEON (if you wish to attend the lunch in Chennai, India)
DELHI LUNCHEON (if you wish to attend the lunch in Delhi, India)
6. Venues will be given in the email confirmation which you will receive after Nov. 28.
7. RTI will accept applications by email only. Our email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Since there is limited space for each luncheon, we can only allow those with email confirmation to enter. Please print out and bring the confirmation along with you on the day of the luncheon. Once the number of participants has reached capacity, registration will be closed without further notice.